We are over 3000 strong, a community of enthusiastic recyclers with a vision for our future. Valley Community for Recycling Solutions (VCRS) is a non-profit organization devoted to establishing recycling as a part of daily life in the Mat Su Valley region of Alaska. Since 1998 VCRS has provided recycling opportunities for our community; recovered and recycled tons of common household materials; and advocated for waste reduction and recycling best management practices in the Mat-Su Borough.
Our Mission – Our mission is to educate and provide opportunities in our community to reduce, reuse, and recycle for the long-term good of all.
Our Vision – Our vision is to establish the Mat-Su Borough as a model recycling community for Alaska. Our Strategies: OCEAN
- Opportunity: Provide easily accessible opportunities to recycle
- Community: Promote and maintain a sense of community
- Education: Educate community re: reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Advocacy: Advocate for public policies that support reducing, reusing, and recycling
- Non-profit: Provide a comprehensive reliable recycling program to our community, putting our profits back into our program as a public service non-profit organization.
You can help today!
- Become a Member.
- Help make our community a better place for everyone!
1st VCRS recycling event April 18, 1998